July 18, 2005

Sex: Protesting Too Much?

So, you know how some Movie-of-the-Week or other would have this excessively agressive bigot who hated everything, but only because he was trying to hide the fact that he was gay?


"Boys cannot audition for soprano or alto roles in that state's All-State Choir. Girls cannot audition for tenor or bass. No matter where their talents lie."

Hm.

Any guess which state that would be? Here's a hint: they tend to brag about their longhorns and everything being bigger there.

Labels: ,

posted by Thursday at 6:31 pm

4 Comments:

Blogger ricky said...

Now that is what I call social engineering!

9:41 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

...And a fantastic level of paranoia. I wonder how many of their parents thought Liberace was "such a nice man" when he was alive.

8:41 pm  
Blogger Sydney Burke said...

I was googling some quote and it brought me to this blog site. The tagline alone told me this was a blog worth exploring.
Then I came across this horrific quote. Being a Houstonian, I cringed, that sick feeling of recognition knowing it was going to be a Texas thing...
But the link doesn't work and I can't find the source outside of the LA times article that isn't there any more....can you tell me if its a legislature thing - did the state actually say this?
Oh, and I'll be back. You're pretty smart. S

3:38 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

Sydney Burke -

Here's the story again from the "A Cappella News", a site dedicated to... well, let's just say they're fans:

http://www.acappellanews.com/archive/000835.html

A few bloggers picked up on this as well when it came out. The biggest problem with linking to newspaper and most magazine articles is that they expire. I'm going to change the link in the story to match the new location - thanks for mentioning it!

And thanks for the comment.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home