If I Were in Movies...
Things I've found following strange noises in the woods:
1) A tiny waterfall I didn't know was there;
2) an otter;
3) a bee's nest in a fallen log;
4) a beaver;
5) a bear;
6) a branch that fell seconds ago, with the bushes it hit still moving;
7) a bwoodpecker;
8) an owl getting harassed by dozens of crows (twice);
9) a young couple smoking dope and making out (smile, wave, move on);
10) spiders engaged in a mating ritual. No, they weren't making noise, but I'm easily distracted when I'm outdoors.
When I say there's nothing in life that isn't interesting, I mean it. I absolutely love living in a temperate rainforest in a small town. There's stuff I don't have the opportunity for that I would in a city, but so be it: the Significant Other would hate city life, so here we are. And a darned fine here it is.