August 23, 2005

Other: And How Was Your Week?

Bikes, truck, computer, and now my wife: I'm starting to fear for my dogs life at this point.

We spent a fun little time in the hospital last night with what we had hoped would be a simple bit of surgery to remove an abscess of some sort from a very delicate region. It didn't work, so we're seeing a gyno today, oh joy. She has to feel all the pain, what with the the cyst itself putting pressure on huge numbers of concentrated nerve endings and all, then getting cut open and prodded at for a while before being told to go home when it hurts her to walk, or sit, or lie down; but I'm having a bit of a time myself. Mostly with not being able to do anything to ease her pain.

Actually, that's about it. Frustrating rather than painful, but not a pleasant experience at all.

So, what do you do while in a waiting room, or pre-prepped for surgery? We recited a poem by Canadas Greatest Poet, Dennis Lee:

Alligator pie, alligator pie
If I don't get some, I think I'm gonna die
Give away the green grass, give away the sky
But don't give away my alligator pie.

I'm sure you understand the form now. We started including our own verses:

Alligator shoes, alligator shoes
If I do not buy some, I'm afraid I'm gonna lose.
Take away my Percodan, take away my booze
But don't take away my alligator shoes.

And

Alligator belt, alligator belt
If you hit me with it, it's gonna leave a welt!
Each time you spank me's better than the previous I felt
So don't go away with my alligator belt.

Really, it just went downhill from there. The giggling seemed to help, at least.

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 1:17 pm

2 Comments:

Blogger RossK said...

Ya, if Mr. Lee can't help you get through a rough spot or two nobody can.

Hope your wife is feeling better toute suite.

11:39 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

Thanks for it, mate. All is good now.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home