March 20, 2007

Respecting Your Elders

...Or not.

Another email exchange between the Male Parental Unit and myself:

The battle is joined! It is do or die time...literally.

Cute.


The drugs have done their bit quite well, with a minor panicky glitch last month.

Things you don't want to hear your doctor say:

1) The good news is, you're going to have something named after you.

2) Ah! THIS was caused by EVIL!!!

3) There's been a glitch...


Now the radiation starts. Every day to Victoria on the 0940, get zapped and return on the 1500.

Well, that doesn't sound too bad...


For 37 zaps.

I stand corrected.


It seems this cancer is a bit more virulent than usual so I will be on drugs the whole time and for about a year afterward.

That could be fun, so long as you get to pick the drugs.


Found out the pellet they shoot into my belly costs $1,500.00 a shot!

Tell me more about this treatment: who's paying, for instance? Or are you pissing away my inheritance with this whole "staying alive" thing, damn it!?


We have our name in for the hospice for the last week and a half. I think a week and a half in Victoria is about all I could stand.

When is this "last week"? Does "now" mean actually today, March 20th? I'll make sure to come down and harass you while you're there.


Just got an invite from the Venture riders club to join a group heading up the interior June 23/24. we will have to see. We have booked an Alaska cruise for June third.

Short hops for the ride, I think...


I spent today tearing down more of the cabin. Stiff and sore. Time for a hot bath and a warm brandy.

Still easier than putting one up though, eh? Quicker, at least!


So it looks like things are procceding apace

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 5:35 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home