October 06, 2012

It's the Unexpected

After eventually coming to the realization that employer seems to want me around for more than a year at a time (can't imagine why), I decided to open a locksmith shop here in Small Town, Canada.  It's been interesting and surprisingly successful: in the first two weeks, I didn't cut a single standard house or car key, but did open a jukebox and a pool table, replaced the keys to a clock, rekeyed a trailer and cracked a safe that had been sitting in someone's attic for years.

Despite being in town and operating for a few years, the storefront has definitely brought people in - even after a couple of months, I hear a lot of "I didn't know you were here" comments.  This morning I also got a "Hey, man; I'm looking for Bryan Adams' Waking Up the Neighbours CD, okay?" comment, but hopefully that's just an aberration.

Something's going to have to be done about the front door, though: maybe ten percent of the people who walk up to it can't figure out that they need to grab and turn the door knob in order to get through.

On the other hand, I suppose that is proof positive they could use professional help.

Labels: ,

posted by Thursday at 10:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home