May 10, 2010

Into the Deep End...

Just finished my first radio show. The power was out in town this morning for just a second, but that was enough to knock it off the air, and the manager didn't know how to get it back. So we sat and babbled for twenty minutes or so until a tech came in and fixed it for us.

Didn't have a play list of my own yet, so I relied on theirs. Not great, and ended up accidentally playing some religious stuff (not exactly my thing...) but got the hang of what was going on. More my kind of stuff next week.

Got to talk about a bit about Matt Ellison, who's a local boy (from Duncan) playing in the KHL right now; and a bit about Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (yeah, I actually tried that name live on the radio) and when and why he decided on the work he did. I excerpted it straight from "Curious Minds: How a Child Becomes a Scientist" by John Brockman. Fun book, and great for parents who fear their children might be "a little odd". Hey, you could be witness to the next great bio-chemist!

Station's here: http://www.cicv.ca/
Streaming's here: http://cicv.streamon.fm/

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 1:48 pm

2 Comments:

Blogger RossK said...

Heckfire T'Day!

Bloody great stuff.

.

8:38 am  
Blogger Thursday said...

Hey, Gaz!

It's been a blast - totally unexpected stuff. None of it's for pay, of course; but it's been a lot of fun none the less.

I see the street performing progresses anon: what are the plans for this Summer?

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home