May 28, 2010

Why I Love Theatre...

...And live radio: you don't know what's going to happen or how you'll get through it, but there you are!

Show three had some kind of electronic insurrection going on, and I lost my playlist about an hour in. We switched over to the "Emergency Back Up" playlist while I tried reloading, and that playlist is what was on the air on Mondays before I started: the blandest country and "smooth tune" crap you've ever heard. Considering that I opened with Alice Cooper's "Hello! Hooray!", it was a little jarring.

As soon as we were back online, I covered with Tom Petty's "Breakdown" while frantically rebuilding the set - only to have it go down again two minutes later. Well, let's see where the complaints come from this time! 8)

The play is finished now, and went about as well as I could have hoped. I was fun watching the other three guys go through the experience for the first time, but so much work went into making sure they didn't fall (or trying to - I made plenty mistakes of my own!) that I couldn't actually get around to acting. Mostly it was "remember your lines and don't run into the furniture" (h/t Cary Grant). Maybe next time!

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 7:45 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home